Monday, June 6, 2016

April & May Favorites 2016

It's that time of the month again! This time around I'll be featuring a list of things I enjoyed from April and May.  So here we go...


Lifestyle

Levi Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans

These are my new favorite jeans! Good bye ill-fitting muffin top inducing Old Navy jeans! I hadn't bought jeans in a while and the ones I had been wearing were so worn in they had holes. After a day at the mall unsuccessfully jean shopping the only thing that I liked were a pair of Levi's, but they were too expensive. My husband had also found a pair of Levi's he wanted (his favorite brand). So when we got home he check online to see if he could find some deals. At the time there were some good clearance deals and I got my hand on two pair of jeans. It was a little more then I would of liked to spend, but my husband assured me that the quality was much better. I love them! It's going to be hard to top these jeans.

Succulent Plant

I have always wanted a succulent plant, so when our local Whole Foods Market started stocking small succulents I had to have one. My husband actually got it for me for "Dog-Mom's Day" aka Mother's Day. I haven't killed it yet! I might have to get a few more when we move into our new apartment.

Books

I've been reading so much I haven't been able to keep up with writing my reviews. I promise I'll have more soon, but in the mean time here are a few of the books that I have loved from April and May.

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
Bring Me Back by Micalea Smeltzer (review)
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Hopeless & Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover
Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park

Electronics

Kindle Text-to-Speech

I love reading, but sometimes I can't put the book down even when I have other things to get done. I found the Text-to-Speech function on my Fire Table and I'm in love with the ability to read hands free. While this function is not as nice as listening to an audio book, the robotic voice is not bad to listen to. I typically use this function while working or after I have already read a book and I want to go back and re-read quickly. However, some books should be read in the tradition fashion to better feel all the feels!


Food & Beverage

Yuengling's Ice Cream

Favors: Back & Tan and Salted Caramel
This has been our latest ice cream obsession. My husband and I love ice cream and while we typically get his and her's pints we both love these two favors from Yuengling. It reminds us of getting soft serve from the local ice cream place back in Ohio. The Salted Caramel is my favorite and the Black & Tan is the best of both worlds with the added chocolate twist that my husband loves.

Reyka Vodka

This vodka is a small batch vodka which is hand crafted using lava rock filtration, arctic spring water & geo-thermal energy in Iceland. How awesome is that?! I also love the design of the bottle, because I'm a design nerd, and the vodka isn't bad either! This brand has become our go to when we visit the ABC store.


Entertainment

Reality TV Obsessions

It's the summer and most of our regular tv shows have taken a break for the summer. So what is there to watch? Reality TV! Here are some of our recent binge watches and guilty pressure shows:

  • Hells Kitchen
    Who doesn't love when Gordon Ramsey yells at people?!
  • Master Chef
  • Top Chef
  • Master Chef Jr.
    These kids are adorable!
  • Shark Tank & Beyond the Tank
    There are some really cool business on this show.
  • Pawn Stars
    Chumlee is halarious! 
  • Hotel Hell
  • Property Brothers
    Who doesn't love a good house hunting/reno show!?
  • American Grit
    I just like listening to John Cena's voice. "... AND THIS IS AMERICAN GRIT"
  • The BachelorThe Bachelorette
    Because some of these people are crazies!
  • The Millionaire Matchmaker
    Who doesn't want to watch people in awkward situations?!

The Real O'Neals

This show has become one of my new favorites. Honestly, I would watch Noah Galvin in anything! This show is about a wonderfully flawed and quirky family. I love how the drama isn't just centered around one issue, but each family member has their own issues and struggles that blends together to make an episode entertaining.





_____

What were some of your favorite things from the month of April and May? Let me know in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment