Sunday, May 8, 2016

Book: Bring Me Back by Micalea Smeltzer

The Kindle Bookstore can be a confusing place! When I'm looking for my next book to read I often do a few things... search popular lists, new releases and categories I'm interested in... but often I'm mostly looking at the price. I've been reading a lot lately and I'm not exactly made of money. I've been burned in the past for picking cheap books that were just not good. So I always do my research without trying to read any spoilers. The book I'm about to tell you about was one of the good ones!

When I came across Being Me Back by Micalea Smeltzer I was already reading another book. I was instantly in love with the cover and the price was only .99 cents for a limited time. I read the blurb, checked the review ratings and read the first chapter. I decided to take a chance and spend the last .99 cents I had until payday -- I'm so glad I did!

There isn't a good way to describe the story without giving too much away so here's the blurb:
NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR 
 I could have put the typical blurb here.
 Boy meets girl.
They fall in love.
Live happily ever after.
The end.
But this isn’t THAT story.
Are you scratching your head at this? Because I was... I was intrigued and I had to know what was beyond the stunning cover! You can probably surmises that while this is probably a love story it's not your typical love story and maybe even something goes wrong somewhere in the pages of this book. If you read the cover quote is says,'"An unforgettable love story that will give you tears for days". - Regina Bartley' and it's soooo true. Between these pages you will smile like a cheese ball, cry like a baby and snicker to yourself at the cute and funny moments.

The take away from this book is that love and kindness have healing powers! Simply put... this book is a special kind of love!

This book got to me in a why that others have yet to. I don't know if it was because of my age or the stage I am in life, but my heart broke while reading this book. I could relate to this character in one way or another. I cried like a baby! I'm 99.5% sure it didn't have anything to do with hormones, trust me it crossed my mind WHY AM I SO EMOTIONAL!? This book must just be that good. I've shed a tear here and there reading a book, but never full on cried. However, don't let that scary you away! After the sad tears there are tears of joy and this book does have a happy ending.


 *** Mild Spoilers Ahead ***


If the above wasn't enough to convince you to read this book, maybe you just need more details. So here it goes!

Blaire is in her 20's, owns her own business, has a great home, and is surrounded by loving friends and family. She has everything she could ever want... she's happy and planning for the future! Until she's not! She's in hell! Within a blink of an eye her world is turned upside down and she no longer feel the light of the sun. Her world is turned dark and she doesn't know how to push the clouds away -- maybe she doesn't want to.

Slowly she learns how to pull herself out of the darkness, but not without help. She meets someone that knows her pain and gives her the strength she need to find her way out of the darkness. Little by little the clouds part and Blaire becomes her old self again. It's not easy, but it's worth it in the end. Sometimes life takes unexpected turns, but the results can be just as good.

Some Favorite Quotes

"Sometimes you have to find the patience to wait for good things instead of seeking it out." 
"Happiness is the number one thing we should strive to have in life. Not money. Not house or expensive cars. Happiness is true wealth." 
"Finding a man that even in silence you're comfortable with. That's telling factor, B. If someone makes you nervous to the point that you have to chatter endlessly, then they're not the person for you. You need to be able to communicate without saying a word." 
"Dreams are liars. They show you what you want to see, what you hope for, and it's nothing but a lie." 
"His smile is so large and bright it rivals the sun. In fact, I think he might be the sun. My own personal sun, that is. He came into my life when it was in the darkest of places and immediately filled it with light. He hasn't healed me, but he's given me the strength to do it on my own." 
"When your nights seem endless, know that the sun will always shine again."

Song Dedication


I've made a few soundtracks for books I've read, but I really wanted to focus on the positive of this book. Just after finishing it I was in the car getting lunch when this song came on the radio and I thought, perfect! So here is my song dedication for Blaire and Ryder. Enjoy!

Adventure of a Lifetime - Coldplay

Note To The Author


I'm so glad you finally found the perfect way to write this book. 10 years is a long time to have a story bubbling in your brain pleading to be written! Thank you for making me cry! hahah

I don't know if it's because I've been reading a book series with multiple perspectives, but I would love to know Ryder's story! I love him just a much as Ben and I think his journey as a character could be just as powerful as Blaire's. 

I've heard you say this is a stand alone book, so I'm not getting my hopes up. It would just be amazing if we could also see inside Ryder's head. For now I'll just have to imaging what he's thinking. This book is so well written -- it's not hard to!


Have you read any books that made you cry? Will you read this book or have you? Leave your thoughts in the comment section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment