Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Book: Paper Towns by John Green [Quick Thoughts]

I had picked up Paper Towns by John Green a few years ago and started to read it, but it couldn't hold my attention long enough -- so life got in the way and it went on the shelf before I read the second chapter. After readying The Fault in Our Stars I picked it up and powered through the first few chapters. Part One of this book is exciting and thrilling to read -- you just don't know where the story is going next and you won't want to put it down. Part Two slows down and becomes a bit boring, but necessary. Part Three picks up again with a road trip these friends will never forget.

 I really enjoyed the way John Green decided to format Part Three not in chapters but in hours driven. Also, I was surprised by the direction this story took -- it was not the most obvious route. I was provoked to think and reflect, which made the read more rewarding. This story is much more then a story about a boy who likes the girl next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment