Monday, May 2, 2016

SOUNDTRACK: Autumn Rising (Hank)

A good song can be just as impactful as a good book. In that spirit, I often hear a song that perfectly captures a moment from a book I might be reading. While reading Autumn Rising by Seth King I heard a few songs that I thought spoke to parts of the book. However, this playlist wasn't as easy for me to construct like my soundtrack for Honesty was. When I got all the songs together I felt like I didn't have a good representation of Autumn's personality and the songs didn't flow cohesively. So to better fit my music taste to the story, I decided to focus on Hank's perspective when selecting songs for this soundtrack. Hope you enjoy the movie in my head through these songs!

***Spoilers Ahead!*** 

Hank's Autumn Rising Soundtrack

1. I Will Be There - Odessa
Hank approaches Autumn at the funeral reception.
2. Light Me Up - Bronze Radio Return
Hank can't get Autumn out of his mind and he decides he needs her in his life. He shows up at her work and they go to lunch together. Soon they start dating.
3. You and I - Johnnyswim
Hank and Autumn's love is like your favorite roller-coaster -- exciting, dramatic and full of ups and downs.
4. On and On - The Score
Autumn is becoming more confrontational and Hank knows somethings up. A storm is brewing, but he tries to hold on to the good.
5. Someplace Beautiful - Alfred Hall
Things aren't getting better with Autumn. She's distant, cold and keeps pushing him away. He can only take so much -- he's going to break.
6. Don't Wanna Fight - Alabama Shake
Hank is tired and Autumn is determined to break him -- Hank walks out. He gets in his car and drives away from their Autumn's house.
7. Lover Come Back - City and Colour
Hank regrets leaving, but he doesn't want the Autumn of late, we wishes they could get back to how things used to be before the light in her eyes went dark. She doesn't call.
8. Cold Cold Cold - Cage The Elephant
Hank's world is dark and cold without Autumn.
9. The Emotion - BORNS
Hank knows he still wants Autumn. He loves her and it haunts him, but he doesn't want to want her anymore. He looks to a friend to help him get through the heartache. Then the unexpected happens -- he sees her and he just walks away.
10. Spirit Cold - Tall Heights
Autumn calls, she ask Hank to attend her doctor's appointment. He isn't sure what to expect, or what he wants to come of the meeting, but he knows she needs him to be there. He's guarded.
11. St. Jude - Florence + The Machine
Hank shows up to Autumns doctors appointment. The fear in her eyes as she walks back to the exam room is almost too much to bare. He waits.
12. Fall Together - The Temper Trap
Hank isn't letting Autumns diagnoses be the end. Nothing else matters, they are going to be together. He's not going to let anything get between them again!
13. Light Up - Mutemath
(Credits roll on the movie of Autumn Rising in my mind!)

[47min]




I know the order of these songs might not follow the books events exactly, but I think it does a good job of highlighting some of Hank's more vulnerable moments.

 I hope you enjoyed this list of songs! Let me know what song(s) you would have on your Autumn Rising soundtrack in the comment section down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment