Tuesday, February 2, 2016

January 2016 Favorites

This is about the time of the month were I run down a list of things I enjoyed from the previous month. So here we go...


Netflix

My husband and I are always binge watching one show or another, but there is something magical that happens when you find a show that just gets you hooked. The show that I can't stop watching this month is Heartland.
This sprawling family saga takes place right on the range where an unfortunate tragedy has glued a family together to pull them through life's thick and thin moments. Follow young Amy Fleming as she slowly discovers she possesses her now-deceased mother's ability to aid injured horses, and her relationships with those who are trying to get by one day at a time.
This show has been in 'My List' on Netflix for quite some time. While on a break from binge watching Gossip Girl I decided I wanted to find something a little less --- well Gossip Girl. So I said what the heck and put on the pilot episode of Heartland. I immediately loved the characters and the obvious love story plot line got me curious to watch more. Now I'm two seasons in and no stopping in sight!

 A few things you should know about about this show:
  1. It's so very Canadian! (and I love it!)
  2. There are lots of horses and cowboys
  3. It's based on a large series of books written by Lauren Brooke
  4. It's currently in it's 9th season
  5. You can find 6 seasons of Heartland on Netflix currently
  6. You can find 5 seasons of Heartland on Hulu Plus currently
Sadly, my husband doesn't enjoy watching this one with me as much as he did Gossip Girl.(It must be the lack of Blake Lively.) Oh well, that's not going to stop me from watching it!

Will you get hooked on Heartland or are you already? Leave me a comment.


Hulu Plus

My husband decided to renew his subscription for Hulu near the end of the month. I think he was curious about the latest season of the Biggest Loser. Anyway, after watching Netflix so much it was like a new world had opened up and there are more binge watching possibility. I quickly located The Mindy Project and jumped to the middle of the second season. (It's been awhile since we last had Hulu or cable TV.)

The Mindy Project is about...
Mindy Lahiri is a successful, skilled doctor, but when she leaves the office, all bets are off. She aspires to become a more well-rounded woman, someone who is punctual, frugal and well-read instead of someone who is obsessed with romantic comedies and likely to give an inappropriate toast at a wedding. Despite stumbles, Mindy remains determined to get her personal and romantic life on track -- before her friends and colleagues are forced to stage an intervention -- and find her perfect happy ending.
I have to say the 3rd and 4th seasons are pretty good! My husband and I can totally relate to the Mindy and Danny relationship. I find myself laughing at there interactions saying to him "you would totally say/do that" while he does that same. While the show is no longer on FOX it's a Hulu exclusive and I hope we see many more seasons.

What do you think of The Mindy Project? Leave me a comment.

Household Item

For Christmas my husband got me a Sunbeam® Microplush Heated Throw and I LOVE IT! I had to wait till it got cold enough here to use it. We had some colder weather in January so i finally got to try it out.

I did make the mistake of letting the dog figure out it was warmer then all her other blankets, so when it's out she could care less she has a dog bed full of blankets. I don't know how I will live without one of these again!

It's best features are that it has three heat setting and turns off after 3 hours of use, so you don't have to worry if you remembered to shut it off.  

What your favorite item to lounge around with? Leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment